MPS MURDER INVESTIGATION AND EAST LONDON BCU PILOT
Servoca Resourcing Solutions have been contracted to provide a 5 days a week investigative service to the MPS to support the East Area BCU which incorporates the Boroughs of Havering, Redbridge and Barking & Dagenham, and the Murder Investigation OCU capability across London.
This is a 6 month pilot scheme which may be extended for an additional 3 months and is expected to start in early to mid November.
Investigators will be responsible for an assessment in relation to one or more of four investigation activities within this pilot.
Each assessment that is provided will include one or more of the following four activities:
- CCTV Sourcing, Viewing & Recovery
- MG11 Statements (Statement Taking)
- Local Directed Enquiries (Door to Door enquiries)
- Phone Downloads
Within the East Area BCU, investigators will work with the following teams:
- Safeguarding: Romford Police Station
- Response: Freshwharf Patrol Base, Barking; Ilford Police Station and Jack Brown House, Romford
- Investigations (CID): Ilford Police Station The assessment prepared by the Investigators will support all secondary investigations. All investigators will be required to undertake refresher training and any formal training identified by the MPS upon commencement of service delivery. Details of training will be provided at a later date but investigators must be able to provide some provisional availability within weeks commencing 21/10/19 and 28/10/19 to attend training in London (venue tbc). Rates of Pay The contract is to provide investigators Monday to Friday from 0800 – 2200. There may be occasional requirements for weekend working but that will be addressed on a case by case basis. To cover these hours, in line with MPS working, there will be 2 weekday rota periods to be covered. The Early Turn will run between 0800-1500 hrs and Late Turn will run between 1500-2200hrs. Hourly rates will be applicable with Early Turn paying £18.00 (PAYE) / £23.66 (Umbrella). Late Turn will pay £20.57 (PAYE) / £27.04 (Umbrella). On the rare occasions that weekend work is required, the daily rates will be £27.00 (PAYE) / £35.49 (Umbrella). Investigators will be expected to do both earlies and lates on a rota basis. Requirements
- Ex-Police Officers
- You will have to be vetted to a minimum CTC within the last 5 years in a civilian capacity (ie. not as a serving officer)
- Experience of at least 1 of the 4 specified activities Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 747 3044 (Police Team)